January 30, 2009

TGIF!!!

I am so happy that we finally made it to Friday. Although the week has gone by pretty quickly, it has still been a rough one at work and my workouts this week have been HARD!! We have a periodization week coming up which is wonderful news. Every three weeks we back down just a bit and allow for muscle recovery and much needed rest. I have felt the beginnings of a cold all week and so this little "break" couldn't have come at a better time.

This morning was my weekly Coffee Club meeting which is really just my sister and I having coffee and breakfast at Starbucks while we gossip about all sorts of things. It is one of the highlights of my week and always so much fun. This morning she was kind enough to bring me all sorts of delicious treats. This will sound like a strange breakfast but trust me, it was delicious! We had the Casi Cielo coffee that I have been raving about, Betty Lou's Peanut Butter Balls (sheer heaven in a ball) and a huge bag of grapes. Talk about scrumptious! As if my sister wasn't cool enough though, she also brought me a carob almond butter cup for later. I am so excited to try it because I love carob and I love almond butter so what could top a combination of the two!!

I had a nice easy workout this morning in preparation for the long run tomorrow. I ran an easy five miles, climbed on the stairs for 25 minutes and then did a half hour of core work and physical therapy exercises. I am still trying to strengthen my left hip and it seems like such a tedious process. The pain is still there but not nearly as bad as it was six weeks ago. Yay for that!

In fashion news, I am wearing my wedding shoes today and they make me feel very happy. I haven't pulled them out of my closet in years and they probably really do not match my outfit but looking down at them puts a smile on my face. I don't think I have worn them since my wedding which was about four and a half years ago! Wow! Time surely does fly when you are having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment