February 20, 2009

Coffee, Cookies and Conversation




I have had a wonderful start to my day and it is making me excited about the weekend. I have a tough run this weekend but other than that I am going to be chillin like a villain and relaxin like umm...Michael Jackson?! Well, that didn't quite come out the way I had planned! Oops! Anyway, lets move on...
I had a very easy workout this morning. The whole purpose behind today's workout was to move my body around and keep it loose before tomorrow's 24 mile run. I did an easy 5 miles on the treadmill and then spent about thirty minutes on abs and stretching. It felt really nice to just take it easy today and allow my body to rest.
After the workout, I went to coffee with Mel and we had a great little gossip fest. I brought some homemade chocolate chip cookies and a mango with me. If you have never had cookies and coffee for breakfast then let me be the first one to suggest you get on that because it is an indulgence that puts a smile on my face. It was so fun to chat and sip coffee and just spend some time together. I definitely felt better about facing work after a little bit of sister time. Today is going to be a long day with a lot of work and errands to take care of but I just keep reminding myself that the weekend is coming and it makes everything seem just a little bit brighter. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment