February 17, 2009

Early Morning Wake Up!


When my alarm went off this morning I literally groaned and tried to pretend it wasn't happening. I had to be up extra early today for a tough speed work session. I only have a few weeks left of really hard training and then the marathon taper begins so I gave myself a little pep talk and headed to the gym. My workout this morning was hard but I was able to finish with a smile on my face which is a HUGE deal. I finished just over 16 miles and then did some stretching. I am hoping to squeeze in some power yoga this evening and work my core but it is all going to depend on what time I get out of work today. Somehow my work piled up over night and I am still not sure how that happens.


My breakfast this morning was identical to yesterday but I substituted a banana for the mango. I tend to eat a lot of the same things over and over during the week because it makes packing my lunch so much easier. I did have Cafe Verona this morning from Starbucks which is one of my all time favorite coffees. I love how there is no bitter after taste with the Verona. Yummy! I wish I had another cup of it right now.


Lunch today is leftovers from Taco Night. I am so excited about it because the hubby and I made some pretty amazing tacos last night...even if I do say so myself! I also brought a HUGE gala apple to have with my lunch. I am an apple addict and need to feed my addiction.


In other news, does anyone know anything about orchids? I have one that I am trying to bring back to life but I am not very good with plants. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment