February 4, 2009

Hump Diddly Doo Dah Day

I just love when we get to Wednesday because then I don't feel quite as silly counting down to the weekend. On top of that, I usually have a pretty easy workout on Wednesday morning and my body loves that. My workout this morning was so easy that I actually fell asleep during it. : ) In my defense though, it was not entirely my fault. See, I got to the gym this morning around 4:15 and did a little recovery run until my legs weren't aching from yesterday's speedwork session. (On a side note, I was watching the Tyra show while I was running and that lady is CRAZY! It made the miles fly by though so shout out to Tyra! Holla! : )
Anyway, after my run, I did a ton of push ups, core work and some plyometrics. Then, my favorite yoga teacher was teaching a morning class so I rushed over there to get my stretch on. Well, as much as I love this particular yoga instructor, he just wasn't up to par today. We started the relaxation portion of class at 6:45 and laid in corpse pose for 15 minutes. I had no choice but to fall asleep. Really, you try laying in a dark room, with soft yoga music playing and the most comfortable yoga pants on at 6:45 in the morning. Let me tell you, it is HARD to stay awake. It was a nice little snooze though and I feel refreshed from my "yoga".

Last night I experimented with a new recipe that I found over at Kath Eats Real Food. It is a recipe for Squash Gratin with my own little twist. I made a few substitutions to use ingredients that I already had on hand and also added a tofu basil ricotta mixture to the various layers. It was one of the best recipes I have tried in a long time and I wish we had more leftovers. The hubby and I were pretty hungry last night though and ate almost the entire thing. I love it when a new recipe turns out delicious because it makes all of the work seem worth it. I will definitely be making this one again and again and again...or until H gets tired of it.

I know that my blog is not very fancy or exciting at the moment compared to a lot of the other blogs out there but I am definitely working on changing that. Bear with me while I get used to all of this blogging stuff and spread the word about my little blog. I would love to hear comments and suggestions on what I can do to make the site more interesting. Thanks for reading and remember to smile today. After all, it is hump day and who doesn't like to smile on hump day?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the BLOG KEEP IT UP for me at least have good workouts this weekend

    ReplyDelete