February 19, 2009

Is It Friday Yet?




Man oh man! This week has been so full of ups and downs. I am operating on about 1 hour of sleep at the moment so if this post makes no sense please bear with me.

I had a rough night last night and woke up this morning with a fear that I would fall asleep during my tempo run. I was determined to at least attempt my tempo run so I climbed on the treadmill, started my Ipod and hoped for the best. I am happy to tell you that I survived and I am extremely proud of myself. My tempo run today was 70 minutes and included a warm up and cool down. I ran just over ten and a half miles which I am okay with. It would have been nice to push the pace a little bit more but I guess I can try again next week. After my run, I did a quick leg workout, worked on some pull ups and then finished with a nice long stretch. I am planning on going to yoga tonight after work to get a little more stretching in. I know it will feel so good after being stuck at my desk all day.
I had an absolutely perfect pear this morning with my breakfast. I love when they are ripe and juicy and perfectly sweet. Fresh fruit is by far my favorite food and tastes even better after a hard workout. Of course, everything tastes better after a hard workout!!

My lunch today was delicious and perfectly filling. I brought a Dr. McDougall's soup cup with me to work and after it was warmed up I added a ton of extra veggies to it. As you can tell by the picture there were more veggies than soup. Oops! I had the vegan chicken noodle flavor and it was perfect for a winter day. These soup cups are really a great item to pack in your lunch because they are so quick and easy but have a pretty good nutritional profile as well. I also had a huge Sonya apple with my lunch which was just amazing. I really love apples...I mean really, its sort of an obsession.
Alright, I am going to try to focus on getting a few things finished so that I can get into bed at a decent hour tonight. I have some beauty sleep to catch up on and God knows that I need all of the beauty sleep I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment