February 23, 2009

Monkey Bars


Bananas, peanut butter, oats and protein...what more could I ask for? I have been playing around with a few different protein bar recipes and finally feel like I found a winner. These bars have a sweet banana taste with a hint of peanut butter and keep me full for hours. They are very easy to make and last in the refrigerator for at least a week. We have never had any bars left after a week and so I am not sure how much longer they would be good. My sexy man and I always gobble them up long before they go bad. So without further adieu, here is the recipe...


Stacy's Monkey Bars

2 mashed bananas

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

3/4 cup agave or honey

3 egg whites

2 scoops protein powder (I used Vanilla Jay Robb protein powder)

4 cups oats

1/3 - 1/2 cup soy milk

3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and set aside. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let the bars cool and then slice, serve and enjoy!


I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I have. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Does it matter what kind of chocolate chips or is their a certain brand that is better ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Sunspire brand Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips because they are absolutely delicious. I really like carob chips as well but they seem to be a little more expensive and hard to find in this area. Let me know how your bars turn out!

    ReplyDelete