February 10, 2009

Not Quite So Speedy



I guess I should tell you that the picture above is an old one but I keep forgetting to take and post food pictures so this will have to fill in for today. By the way, those waffles tasted amazing!

So, as usual because it is Tuesday I had speed work this morning. I am not a big fan of speed work. In fact, I sort of hate it. I woke up this morning and headed to the gym for what I knew was going to be a torturous few hours and boy was I right. I am not going to go into all of the details but lets just say that sometimes it sucks to be a girl and sometimes being a girl makes speed work extra complicated. I had a few issues this morning that were beyond my control but I did manage to get a good chunk of the workout in. I did 3 x 1600, 10 X 1000 and 2 x 400 with a warm up, a cool down and 1/4 mile recovery jogs between each set. I cut out a ton of 800s that I was supposed to do but there is always next week I suppose. My next race is only about five weeks away and so I am trying very hard to make sure I hit all of the quality workouts. Needless to say, I was quite frustrated when I finished my workout but after some stretching and a good gossip session with Mel (my sister) I was feeling much better. Tomorrow is another day right!

I had a perfect breakfast this morning to refuel after my run. It started with a chocolate protein bar and some coffee. Then I made a huge fruit salad with some banana, kiwi and pineapple. It was so tasty and totally hit the spot.

I started to get hungry a couple of hours later and so I pulled out my favorite go to snack. I am absolutely addicted to Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame. I literally eat them every single day and have been known to drive well out of my way to restock. They are so good mixed with raisins. You should totally check them out. They have quite a few varieties and some pretty impressive nutritional stats.

For lunch today I mixed some chipotle hummus with quinoa and ate it all on top of a salad of romaine lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes and beets. It was really tasty and filling. That chipotle hummus has a real kick to it though. I can still taste the peppers!

There isn't a whole lot on the agenda for this evening. I need to make a pie and run a couple of errands but I am hoping to find some time to relax in bed with my book. I am currently reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and it is pretty good. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to get through a few chapters.


No comments:

Post a Comment