February 18, 2009

Snow, Sleet and Starbucks


I walked out of the gym this morning and was greeted by a cold icy mess. Ugh! I am so tired of cold weather. After slipping and sliding across the parking lot in my knee high stiletto boots (not the most appropriate icy weather apparel) I made it to my car with only one thing on my mind...Starbucks!
I was able to get some delicious Cafe Verona again this morning and it made my day. I was given the coolest coffee thermos about a year ago and I use it every morning for my coffee. It is my own little contribution to going green and makes up for my obnoxious overuse of paper towels...well, at least that is what I tell myself. Plus, Starbucks gives you a 10% discount on your coffee when you use a thermos. I am all about discounts! (If you look behind that huge apple in the picture, you can see a little glimpse of my adorable thermos.)
My workout this morning was wonderful and relaxing. I did an easy six mile run with a few hill repeats. It was a nice way to loosen up my legs after the speed work yesterday. Then I did a strong core workout and a ton of push ups. I just love push ups. They make me feel tough! After that, I went to yoga and stretched all of the soreness out of my muscles. Well, maybe not all of it but it is definitely better than when I woke up this morning.
So far, except for the nasty weather, it has been a great start to the day. I guess now I just have to cross my fingers and hope that work will go by quickly and with minimal stress. Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. starbucks rocks,as well as that lettuce wrap!!!!!! love the hub

    ReplyDelete