February 25, 2009

Spaghetti Squash and Lots of Sleep


Last night was a busy night at the Lane house. We had a lot of little projects to take care of and didn't sit down to eat dinner until 8:30. When we finally did sit down to eat though it was a fabulous meal. We had huge plates of spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and mushrooms. It was absolutely delicious and very quick. I used the cheat method and quickly cooked the spaghetti squash in the microwave. Once it had cooled enough for me to touch it, I quickly scrapped out all of the delicious squash "noodles". We did lazy man's marinara sauce and simply opened a jar from Whole Foods. I typically make my own sauce because I love to play around with the spices but tonight was definitely a jar sauce type of night. I did add a ton of mushrooms to the sauce and we topped the whole yummy meal with some mozzarella cheese. I absolutely love this meal because it is cheap, easy, filling and extremely nutritious. Plus, whenever we eat this for dinner we have a mandatory protein shake to make up for the lack of protein in the meal. I just love my Jay Robb shakes as a dessert after dinner. We had a huge peanut butter and banana shake and then went to bed with full tummies and sleepy eyes. Both of us were absolutely exhausted from long days at work and tough workouts. I think we were both asleep by 9:30 which is just wonderful. I love when we are able to sneak an extra hour or two of sleep because it makes the alarm clock slightly less jarring the next morning. Spaghetti squash, sleep and a sexy man...it really doesn't get much better than that on a Tuesday evening!

2 comments:

  1. looks very tasty I wish places would put these things up on there menus then perhaps we all wouldn't be like a buch of floppy shapes blowwing through the streetz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be awesome to see spaghetti squash on the menu at a restaurant? If I ever open a restaurant I promise to place this on my menu.

    ReplyDelete