February 11, 2009

Wednesday Already?


Is it just me or is this week flying by? I cannot believe that it is already hump day! Today has been an absolutely gorgeous day here in Richmond. Unfortunately I am stuck at my desk with no hopes of enjoying the outdoors any time soon. I just keep reminding myself that summer time is coming. It was nice to not have to bundle up this morning. My legs are so happy to be free from the winter required tights I always wear. This is a total side note but do you know what I really hate about tights? Every time you have to pee, which is QUITE often for me and my little bladder, you have to take your tights on and off. Those little boogers are just annoying after about the third pee stop. Anyway, now that you know way too much about me and my pee habits, lets talk about my workout this morning.


This mornings workout was a nice easy one in preparation for my tough tempo run tomorrow. I ran an easy 6 miles and tried to work some of the lactic acid out of my muscles. After my run, I did a good strong core workout and LOTS of push ups. I am working really hard on building up my upper body strength and one of the ways I have been doing that is by squeezing in a few push ups any time I have a few bonus minutes at the gym. I went to a great yoga class this morning and spent the entire hour really working on my form. I love how yoga continues to challenge you no matter how often you practice.


Breakfast today was a repeat of yesterday and was SO delicious. I definitely would have enjoyed another few cups of coffee but I have been really sensitive to caffeine lately. I am trying to stick to just one cup in the morning and a half a cup in the afternoon. I am one of those rare people who actually just really love the taste of coffee and so it is hard to limit myself to just 1 1/2 cups a day. Maybe I will allow myself to get a little crazy this weekend and have two or three cups!


Lunch was such a disappointment today that I don't even want to talk about it. I made a mistake and packed something in my lunch that I shouldn't have because I can't eat it. That is what I get for not reading the label at the grocery store. I was so sad and hungry all afternoon. However, my amazing husband found out that my lunch was ruined and brought me my absolute favorite protein bar to help hold me over. He really is just too good to be true. I work in downtown Richmond and he works a good thirty minutes away from me so it really was a bit out of his way to make sure I had some food to eat. How did I get so lucky to have this man in my life? I am going to have to think of something very nice to do for him tonight. Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment