February 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up ... Sort Of


I have to admit that I am way too lazy to go back and report on the entire weekend. I was busy all weekend long with mostly fun stuff and I honestly forgot to take pictures and blog. I am going to do my best to recreate some of the highlights for you.


Friday - H and I spent the entire day together and it was marvelous. We went and had a couple's massage at Kneading Therapy and then went and had lunch at the new Ellwood Thompson Cafe. I really like this new little coffee shop but I wish they had a few more menu options. They have a small soup, salad and sandwich menu and some great coffee. The rest of our day on Friday was spent napping, reading, shopping and relaxing.


Saturday - I had a 20 mile run on my training plan for Saturday morning so I woke up and got that out of the way. It was a beautiful day to run outside and made me even more anxious for spring. After the run, I had some lunch and spent time cuddling with my precious husband. We met some friends for coffee in the afternoon and then watched a documentary with them called Bigger, Stronger Faster. It was a very interesting look at steroid use in sports but I think you would have to have some interest in sports in order to have any interest in the movie. I thought it was great though and very informative. It was a fun evening with great friends.


Sunday - I woke up and went to the gym to get my workout out of the way. I went for an easy 3.50 mile jog and then did some speed work in the pool. I can tell that I haven't been swimming as much lately because the pool really wore me out. After the workout, I had a quick lunch at Whole Foods and then went to my Dad's birthday party. We had a quick birthday celebration for my Dad and then went home to take a Sunday afternoon nap. There is nothing like a good nap on a Sunday afternoon. The rest of the evening was spent baking muffins and protein bars, getting things ready for the work week and watching Desperate Housewives.


It was a fabulous weekend and it makes me sad to think that I have an entire work week before the next one! That is the problem with having so much fun, you never want to go back to work. At least I have speed work to look forward to...ugh!!

4 comments:

  1. Can you recommend any places to get decent ear plugs & goggles for the pool, it seems my goggles always get water in them and my ear plugs sometimes come out ? I hear ya about the weekends they always go by way to quick, sweet blog can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on the blog. I don't use ear plugs in the pool but I buy my goggles at 3 Sports in Richmond. I have a great pair of goggles made by TYR and another pair that I love made by Speedo. The trick to goggles is finding a pair that will fit your face and then learning how to create suction between your eyes and the goggles. You will definitely have goggle eyes when you finish swimming but at least you will not have to deal with water getting in your eyes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring blog, if I ran 3.5 miles I would be impressed with myself much less 20 miles! I need to start reading you blog on Fridays to inspire me to have more productive weekends. I did however walk from the Byrd Theater to E.T. Coffee so I could show off our new clover coffee to a friend from out of town and wanted to thank you for coming into Ellwood’s Coffee and blogging about it. I will pass your request for more items on the menu to our executive chef. What items were you looking for, more Entrée type items or different light fare items?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate it! I am interested in trying the new Clover Coffee. Can you tell me a little more about it? As far as the menu items are concerned, I was impressed by the soup and sandwich items that you are currently offering but would be interested in a few healthier snack options. I do not eat cane sugar and so that really limits the pastries and desserts that I can have at the cafe. I would absolutely love to see some agave sweetened options or even a basket of fruit with apples, bananas, oranges, etc. I also noticed that you carry the Bumble Bars and some small snack options like pistachios and energy chunks. Have you thought about offering a few other bar options? I understand that the way I eat is a little bit unusual but in a perfect world these options would be available. Thank you for your time and your interest in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete