February 16, 2009

Why Am I At Work?

I have decided that it is completely unfair that I am at work today because it feels like everyone else in the world is off and enjoying President's Day. I work in a building that is 90% state employees and so on days like today it is very quiet in the building. It is almost eerily quiet and dark. The silver lining in this cloud is that I always get a great parking spot on state holidays. I guess I should count my blessings wherever I can!

I started off today with a strong workout which is always a great way to start the week off. I did an easy three miles and then climbed on the step mill for about thirty minutes. After that I did a hardcore weight and core workout followed by all of my physical therapy exercises. It was a nice way to start off my Monday.

For breakfast this morning I had a new type of protein bar that I made over the weekend. It was a chocolate chip protein bar with walnuts and oats. It was SO good and definitely filled me up. I also had a ton of Starbucks Casi Cielo coffee and half of a mango.

I am not sure what else today has in store for me but I do know that it is Taco Night. You know that you are getting old when Taco Night is all you have to look forward to! Hee hee!

3 comments:

  1. The chocolate chip protein bar sounds delicious do you think you will post a recipe ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think is good to eat before a workout ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answer to the questions above...
    1.) I don't really have a recipe for the protein bars yet because I tend to be the type of person who just makes up a recipe as I go. These bars turned out really well but I didn't write anything down while I was making them and I am not sure I could recreate them even if I tried. If I do come up with a recipe I will definitely post it.
    2.)What you eat before a workout really depends on the type of workout you are doing. I have a hard time keeping food down during a workout so I try to keep it pretty simple. I usually have half of a luna bar or some sports drink and that works well for me. I think that it is different for everyone though and I would encourage you to experiment with foods that you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete