March 6, 2009

A Figgy Breakfast

Well folks, we made it to Friday! I don't know how but we made it!! I always get so excited when the weekend is right around the corner because weekends are so much fun. My sexy man and I have a lot of fun things planned so it should be a stellar weekend! (I am trying to bring stellar back...is it working?!)

I woke up this morning when my alarm went off and immediately started calculating the time to see if I could hit snooze again. I do my best math when I am half asleep! When I finally pulled my butt out of bed, I got dressed and went straight to the gym.

I started off my workout with an easy 6 miles and then finished up with thirty minutes of core work and some stretching. It was a quick and easy workout that helped me to wake up and loosen up this old body.

Tomorrow I have a 16 mile run in the morning which should be a lot of fun and then I am hoping to pull my bike out in the afternoon and go for a ride. I really hope I can remember how to ride. I spent so much time on that bike last year in preparation for Ironman. When I put it away for the winter, I was happy to not have to look at it for awhile but now I am itching to get back out there and try to improve my cycling ability. Our first cycling event isn't until the beginning of May so I have plenty of time to get ready. I guess I just have to cross my fingers that the weather cooperates with my training plans.

My breakfast this morning was absolutely delicious. Friday morning means Coffee Club with my awesome sister so we dined at Starbucks this morning. I had a huge thermos filled with coffee, an orange and Barbara's Bakery Fig Bars. These Fig Bars are simply amazing and I know they are cookies but cookies were meant to be eaten for breakfast! Mel (awesome sister) and I had a wonderful time chatting and gossipping and giggling but then we ran out of time and had to rush to work. Sigh! I haven't had much of an appetite today but mid morning I did have some veggies and hummus. Lunch just really didn't seem too appealing but I had an apple, a few more veggies and a little bit of tuna. I know that I need to eat more than this so I am planning on having a big afternoon snack or maybe some ice cream for dessert. I will make up the calories somehow.

Now, I just have to plug away at work a little while more and then the fun will begin. Hang in there bloggies...we can totally make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment