March 12, 2009

Fun and Focus

Well, I have finished the last hard run on my marathon plan and the taper has officially begun. I did and 80 minute tempo run this morning and I have to admit that it was sort of fun. Normally, I hate tempo runs but I wrote myself a little post it note and stuck it on the treadmill to keep me motivated. The note reminded me to stay focused and most importantly to have fun. I was able to maintain my smile throughout the run even when my Ipod died on me with 30 minutes left. I spent the last 30 minutes visualizing the race and giving myself a pep talk. It was a great run and I have to admit that I was proud of myself when I finished.
I am now officially starting what I like to call Project Nap. My goal is to get at least eight hours of sleep every day between now and the marathon. There is absolutely no way I will be able to get eight straight hours of sleep so I am planning on sneaking in 20 minute naps every chance I get. I will keep you updated on my progress. Honestly, I believe Project Nap will be harder for me to accomplish than the actual marathon will be. I am just not a good sleeper because there are too many other things to do. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sleep but I am just not good at it.
I had the same breakfast this morning that I had yesterday but I switched the pear out for half of a mango that my awesome sister gave me. It was such a delicious and juicy mango. (Thanks again Mel!) The sexy man and I finished off the last of the Cranberry Orange Protein Bars. I thought they were really good but apparently the hubby is more of a chocolate and peanut butter type of guy. Maybe I should have drizzled chocolate on top of his protein bars. Yep, I will have to keep that in mind for next time!
Lunch today was a leftover salmon burger and an apple. It was absolutely delicious. I have eaten a lot of fish this week but it has all been really delicious. My body must have needed a little bit of extra protein or healthy fats because fish has just been on my mind constantly. Isn't it awesome how our bodies let us know what nutrients we are lacking in by the foods that we crave? Our bodies are simply amazing.
I am crossing my fingers that tonight is a relaxing and restful night. The hubby and I have both had a lot on our plates this week and we need an evening to just hang out together. Hopefully we can sit on the couch, watch The Office and eat ridiculous amounts of cereal...sounds like a perfect night to me. The weather man is predicting snow and ice tonight. Ugh! I sure hope he is wrong because I am ready for spring to be here...unless someone wants to give me another snow day! I wouldn't mind that at all. Later Bloggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment