March 30, 2009

Monday Morning Blues


Well, here we are back to another Monday. I am trying to be optimistic about the work week but weekends are so much more fun. I mean, doeasn't this picture of the hubby just scream "Weekends are a blast!"?
It is great to be back and blogging again. Last week was just a doozy of a week with too many things to take care of.

This morning started off with a great workout. I did an easy 2 miles and then went to a great spin class. Mel and Billy were at spin class with me which made it a lot more fun. I love having people I know in class with me because then we can chat and stretch together after class. I am so proud of Billy for getting out of bed and making it to the gym this morning and even more proud of Mel for actually getting him there. I also did some weights and core work this morning but I ran out of time and I am planning on finishing my workout after work this evening. Hopefully I will still have energy when I get off.

Breakfast this morning was a delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, an apple and lots of coffee. I was absolutely starving this morning and breakfast did not fill me up at all. I ended up breaking into my morning snack early and had an orange and about a 1/4 cup of trail mix. I am still hungry but I am sipping on some water and hoping that will help curb my hunger. I am not sure why I am so hungry today.

I guess we will see what today holds for me besides work. I am dealing with a lot of hip and knee pain right now and I need to do some research to figure out what I can do to heal up. I have about a month until race season really starts and so I want to be healthy by then. Last year was such a stressful and painful year of training because everything was focused on Ironman Florida. I need to allow my body to heal this year and work on building a strong base. It is hard for me to take the time to heal but I know that it will be worth it in the long run.

The hubby and I ran in the Monument 10K this past weekend and we both had a blast. Our times were not our best ever but I think we were both pleasantly surprised by how we did considering we ran a marathon last weekend. It was a fun race and a great way to spend a Saturday morning. I absolutely love running with my sexy man.

See you in a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Your sexy man loves runnin w/ THE STACE

    ReplyDelete