March 11, 2009

My Hips Are Not Awake Enough To Do The Splits


This has been a fun day so far if you don't count the whole work part! I started off the day with a great workout. Today is an easy day in preparation for my tempo run tomorrow. I did an easy 6 mile run and thirty minutes of core work before yoga this morning. Yoga class was great as usual but right at the end the teacher challenged us to do the splits. Now, as I have mentioned before, I cannot do the splits. I am just not flexible like that and I am okay with it. However, I can never say no to a challenge and so I did my very best to work my legs and hips into a split. Well, I can safely say that I did not succeed at the challenge and my hips are a little bit irritated with me for even attempting the splits at 6:00 am. Apparently the hips just don't do mornings!

After the workout, I went through my usual morning routine of a quick Starbucks run, boring commute and then breakfast at my desk. Breakfast this morning was pretty much the same thing I have had every day this week. I had a Cranberry Orange protein bar, trail mix and a pear with lots of delicious coffee. It was a great breakfast and really hit the spot.

Work is going to be a little crazy today because we are all getting new computers. I have a feeling it may get stressful. I brought some leftover quinoa and vegetables to have for lunch today. I am hoping that I will be able to find a few moments to grab some lunch in all of the chaos. I am just happy that it is Hump Day and the weekend is in sight. Come on weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I used to be able 2split but then i stopped being so flexible I now need to work on it thanks for challenging me 2 tri a split day

    ReplyDelete