March 18, 2009

Oops!

Alright, I have a confession to make. I completely forgot about the blog and didn't take any pictures at all of anything. I know, I know! I am such a slacker. I guess you are just going to have to read about my life and use your imagination to picture what it must have looked like. Alright, here goes...

WORKOUT
This morning was my last planned run before the marathon this weekend. I may try to sneak another few miles in before the race just to keep my legs loose but I am still not sure. I am just going to take it one day at a time and see how I am feeling. I did an easy five miles this morning and then finished up with some plyometrics, core work, push ups and stretching. Mel and I met up at 6:00 and went to yoga together which was really good this morning. It was a very relaxed class but there were a few challenges thrown in as well. We were asked to do a headstand at one point and I just have to tell you that my awesome sister totally rocked the headstand. She made it look like it was the easiest and most natural thing ever. I did not even attempt it because I hate to do headstands. They always give me a headache. I just hung out in dolphin pose until everyone was finished showing off and then joined back into the flow. It was a great morning workout and I feel refreshed. I am planning on going for a walk this evening and I might try to squeeze in some yoga as well if I get out of work in time.

BREAKFAST
This morning I ate the exact same thing that I had for breakfast yesterday so instead of boring you with the same details I am going to tell you about the delicious protein shake I had for dessert last night. I mixed a Jay Robb Vanilla Shake, a banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of soy milk and a bunch of ice in the blender and it was amazing! The hubby and I devoured it as usual!

MID MORNING SNACK
I ate a bunch of carrots and cucumbers for a snack today. They were delicious as usual.

LUNCH
For lunch today I had tuna mixed with peas and balsamic vinaigrette. It was like a cold tuna salad and totally rocked my face! I ate it with a few whole wheat crackers and an apple. It was a fabulous lunch. I definitely recommend this combination.

AFTERNOON SNACK
It isn't really afternoon yet but I am definitely planning on having an afternoon snack with my coffee. I always have to eat a little something with coffee or else I end up with a horrible caffeine headache. As much as I drink coffee you would think that I would develop a tolerance for it but I am still very sensitive to caffeine. I have a yogurt and Luna bar to choose from so I guess I will see what I am in the mood for.

Because I feel so bad for being a bad blogger today, I am going to leave you with a picture of me and my awesome sister after our last marathon. This was taken at the Richmond Marathon and as you can see by the smiles on our faces, we were very happy to be finished. This was Mel's first marathon and she did an amazing job on a very hot and humid day. I had the privilege of running with her and we crossed the finish line with huge smiles on our faces. I am so blessed to have Mel as my sister and to be able to share a love of running with her. I can't wait to see how she does this weekend in D.C.! Later bloggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment