March 6, 2009

Thursday Has Now Come And Gone

I have to tell you that I am pretty happy to be moving on to Friday. Yesterday wasn't a bad day at all but I am itching for the weekend to be here.

After work I rushed home to do a few quick chores and bake some muffins before yoga. I made a huge batch of cinnamon raisin muffins, packed my lunch and gym bag, made a quick grocery list, changed into yoga clothes and rushed out to the gym.

I was pretty excited about yoga because my muscles were so tight and more than anything I needed a few minutes to sit and breathe. I always love to take a few minutes to quiet my mind and just breathe after a long day at work. It helps me to not stress out quite as much which is something I really have issues with. I am a little ball of stress sometimes and I am trying to be better about it. Most of the things that I stress out about are not even a big deal and I have been trying to remind myself of this. Anyway, yoga was great tonight. We did all sorts of hip openers and worked on a few strength poses as well. It was not a hard yoga class but we did have a few challenging moments which is exactly what I needed.


Thursday night dinner is always cereal at the Lane house. It has been this way for years and I love it. I am all about making creative and exciting dinners but sometimes a big bowl of cereal is perfect for dinner. I had a huge bowl of Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls with vanilla soy milk and cinnamon. It was absolutely delicious. I also had a big bowl of brussel sprouts and although I know that sounds like a nasty combination, I don't think you should knock it until you try it!

Our pantry and refrigerator are quite bare at the moment because I need to go grocery shopping so our dessert options were a little bit limited this evening. I knew I wanted to have dessert during The Office tonight and so when my tummy started growling I sliced up a banana and topped it with some crunchy peanut butter. It was a perfect snack and very filling. I didn't take any pictures of it because I was trying to prepare it quickly before the show started but I am pretty sure you can picture what a sliced banana with peanut butter looks like!

As soon as The Office was over I went straight to bed. I love sleep and I am trying to figure out a way to get more of it. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Weird, I could not seem to leave a comment on the latest post. I kept clicking, but it wouldn't let me.

    Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck on your 16 miler. I found you from the spreadsheet, with your amazing 99 points for the week. You rock! :) Happy running! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! Thanks for the encouragment. I really appreciate it. I am not sure what is going on with the comment thing. I have been having issues with it for weeks now. Hopefully I will figure it out soon. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. office & cereal is all u need for a good time

    ReplyDelete