March 3, 2009

Where Does Time Go?
















I feel like I have completely neglected my cute little blog over the past few days. I really have no excuse. I was busy having fun with my sexy man and enjoying a long weekend. We had a snow storm over the weekend which left us "snowed in" on Monday. It was absolutely wonderful to have an entire day off from work to just relax and spend time together. We spend our weekends together but there is just something extra special about having a Monday off. Let me give you a quick little weekend recap.

Saturday: I went on a long run with my favorite running buddies. We did about 18.50 miles and kept a strong solid pace. It was so windy and cold but we hung in there and finished in a decent amount of time. I went to buy new running shoes after the run because mine have been pissing me off lately. I tried a new shoe last time (Asics Gel Landreth 4) and it just doesn't work for me. I bought a pair of the Asics Gel Nimbus 10 because I have had these before and they were okay. They are definitely not my favorite shoes but they keep my feet happy and that is pretty important during a marathon. On Saturday evening, the hubby and I went to dinner with his parents at Carraba's. We had a decent dinner of salad and grilled chicken. It was really nice to spend some time with the in-laws because we have been moving in different directions lately. After a quick cup of coffee with some friends we went home and relaxed. I think I fell asleep on the couch after sitting down for five minutes but that is pretty normal. I love to sleep and will take any chance I can get to catch some Zs.

Sunday: I woke up and went to the gym for a quick shake out run and a swim. It was a good Sunday morning workout. I spent some time in the hot tub and let my muscles relax a bit. It was starting to snow by the time I left the gym so we went home and spent the day reading, napping, watching movies and taking care of things around the house. It was such a nice lazy Sunday.

Monday: This was the ultimate snow day for us. We slept in and then improvised with a home workout since the gym was closed. I did two hours of cardio and strength training and then finished up with some yoga. I was really surprised at how intense the workout was. I was dripping sweat and shaking by the time I finished. It was great! After the workout, my sexy man and I bundled up and went on a little snow adventure. We walked about a mile and a half to a shopping mall near our house and had coffee at Barnes & Noble. After walking around the mall for a bit, we grabbed a quick lunch and then walked home again. It was a cold but fun adventure. We spent over an hour trying to dig our cars out of the snow and scrape the ice off of them. It was such a big nasty cold job. When we were thoroughly frozen we went inside to warm up and both fell asleep. We took a nice long nap and only woke up because our stomachs were growling. Ha ha! It was such a nice snow day and very relaxing. I have to admit though that I hope it marks the end of winter for us. I am ready for spring and warm weather. We have less than three weeks until our marathon and I am really crossing my fingers for good weather.










No comments:

Post a Comment