April 22, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar


Well, here we are again. Half way through the week and focused on the weekend. This morning started off with a decent workout but nothing really special. I always try to give myself an easier workout on Wednesday so that I can go hard on Tuesday with speed work and on Thursday with either a tempo run or hill repeats. I am such a creature of habit and this is the way I have been training for a couple of years now because it just seems to work for me. Maybe I will get crazy one of these days and switch it up a bit.

Anyway, I started my workout with an easy 6 mile jog. My legs felt great this morning but for some reason the run felt like it was taking forever. I wanted to run faster just so I could get the miles behind me but I knew that I would regret it tomorrow if I pushed too hard today. I forced myself to maintain a nice easy pace and tried to zone out to the music on my Ipod. It wasn't a great run but I did it and its over. After the run I did a ton of push ups and a little bit of core work, stretching and laying on the floor daydreaming. Then I went to yoga with Mel. It was a pretty good class this morning with an emphasis on chest openers. I definitely would have preferred a class focused on hip openers but it was still fun. I especially loved some of the balancing poses that we did. The hour flew by and before I knew it I was headed to the locker room to get ready for work.

So, there you have it. The title says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment