April 22, 2009

Black & White

On the menu tonight was a recipe that I have made quite often but when I opened the cabinets to pull out the ingredients the creative juices started to flow. I was planning on making black bean burgers but I found a can of canellini beans in the cabinet and decided to add them to the mix. For obvious reasons, I needed to adjust the recipe to include the addition of another can of beans so I started adding things to my bowl and mixing and mashing it all together. I ended up with six good sized Black & White Bean Burgers. The burgers were quite tasty and had a good amount of protein and fiber. If you want to give them a try, this is the recipe...


Black & White Bean Burgers

1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)

1 can white beans (drained and rinsed)

1 1/2 cups quick oats

1/2 cup chopped red onion

1/2 cup chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, green, orange)

1/2 cup chopped mushrooms

1/2 cup bbq sauce

salt & pepper to taste


In a microwave safe bowl combine the beans and oats. Heat for a minute or two and then mash the beans and oats together with a fork. Add the onion, peppers, mushrooms, bbq sauce and spices. Mix well and shape into six patties. Place the burgers on a well greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes flip the burgers and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Serve on a warm bun with all the fixings and enjoy.


Very delicious and easy dinner. Try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment