April 21, 2009

Feeling Like A Million Bucks


I had the most wonderful workout this morning. I am finally starting to feel like my old self again and I am so happy about it. My legs are not hurting at all except for a tiny bit of tightness in my hamstrings and some mild arch pain. Other than that, I feel like a million bucks! The really great thing about finally feeling recovered is that I still have a couple of weeks to start training hard again before race season really gets started. My next race isn't until May 9Th which leaves me two and a half weeks to go hard. Today I did speed work on the treadmill which is fun in a weird sort of way. I really pushed myself hard with pace and jogged my recovery. The workout was 12 x 400 meters and 2 x 800 meters with a 400 meter jog between each interval. I also ran a mile to warm up and another mile to cool down. The run was challenging but fun and I finished feeling like I could have done more. I followed my run with a pretty intense leg workout that included lunges, squats, leg press, plyometrics and all sorts of weight machines. My legs were exhausted by the time I finished but the good kind of exhausted that I love. I did a little bit of stretching and all of my physical therapy exercises to finish up. I still have to do core work and some yoga later on but I am really looking forward to it. I love to workout after work because it helps my body to work out all of the kinks from sitting at a desk all day. I would love to hear how your workout went. Leave me a comment or email me and let me know!

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a good w-out you are my hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute... a.k.a. hubby

    ReplyDelete