April 30, 2009

A-Freakin-Mazing!!!

Look at what I got in the mail today! Yippee! I love to get packages in the mail and the nice people over at Vega totally hooked me up.
I received a whole box of protein powder and energy bars along with a cool new water bottle. I cannot wait to try out some of these products and give you all a review. Look for it to be coming soon!


Dinner last night was one of my favorite summer time meals. I know that it isn't quite summer time yet but we have had such nice weather the last few days and it is putting me in a summer time mood! I made a huge batch of pasta salad and now the hubby and I will be eating it for the next few days. I really think that pasta salad is an awesome meal because you can adjust it to your specific likes and dislikes. I literally just looked into my produce bin and pulled out all of the veggies that looked like they needed to be used up. I chopped up cucumber, tomato and avocado. Then I added some sweet peas, a can of tuna, some lemon juice and a splash of balsamic vinaigrette. Once all of that was combined, I just cooked some spinach penne pasta and mixed it all together. It was such a great combination of veggies, fats, protein and carbs. I think it would have been even better with a little bit of feta and some olives but we were out of both. Oh well, maybe next time I make this we will have it on hand.


I had the best run this morning and my legs are feeling great. I ran a 4 mile hill workout at a nice steady pace and then met my sister to run 5 more miles outside. We had a great time running and chatting. Right at the end of our run we added a few sprints just to mix things up a bit and also to finish the run a little bit faster. I also did about 45 minutes of strength training and all of my physical therapy exercises. I have a great yoga class to go to tonight and I am really looking forward to it. I hope we lay in corpse pose for a loooong time!

That's all I have for now folks unless you want to hear about the exciting legal system in Virginia. No? I didn't think so!! Ha ha! Smell you later...remember the Fresh Prince of Bel Air used to say that!?! Ha ha! Okay, I have to go before you all figure out what a dork I am! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment