April 14, 2009

I Eat A Lot

It is very true that I have a huge appetite and eat constantly. I will admit that most of the foods I eat are low in calories and healthy but I am literally eating ever two hours throughout the day and sometimes more. There are all sorts of theories on how often we should eat throughout the day and how many calories and when and what and why and blah blah blah. I have found that my body is a pretty good judge of what it wants and when it needs it. Unfortunately eating this way requires a lot of planning ahead. I leave home around 4:00 am most mornings and don't come home until 6:00 pm or a little bit later and so I have to pack a ton of food to bring with me each day. I have a little rule that I won't spend money on food during the week unless it is an absolute emergency so I only eat what I bring. The only exception to this rule is my cup of Starbucks coffee each morning. I have to treat myself to something right?! So let me show you what my lunch looks like each evening. I put all of my shelf stable food and my vitamins in my lunch box and then I put all of the refrigerated stuff in a special spot on the top shelf of the fridge. Packing my lunch the night before has become a ritual and an easy way to make sure I don't end up starving at work. I always have an emergency snack in my desk drawer and some tea bags in case I get really desperate. I definitely recommend having an emergency stash because you never know what might happen. Anyway, just thought you might like to see what my lunch packing looks like. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment