April 20, 2009

Pecan Butter

So, yesterday I attempted to make some homemade maple pecan butter in my new food processor and I think it was a semi success. The reason I am not sure of the level of success is because it sort of got mixed reviews from the hubby. I think that the idea of pecan butter was new and it definitely had a taste that you had to get used to. There is barely any left now so it must have been okay. Anyway, the way I made it, in case you want to try it for yourself, is:

1. Buy 1 lb of raw pecans.
2. Place pecans in food processor with a sprinkle of salt and about 2 Tbs. of pure maple syrup.
3. Pulse, chop grind and process the pecans until smooth and creamy.
4. Taste and add more maple syrup and salt as needed.
5. Place in tupperware and hide from your hubby before he eats it all...or make your own top secret batch.
6. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It a treat to see pecans turn into butter right be4 your eyes

    ReplyDelete