April 21, 2009

Pesto Perfection & Manic Mondays!

Whew! I can honestly say that this has been a busy and productive day. A lot of the time I am busy and have nothing to show for it but luckily that wasn't the case today. Yay for productivity! Besides today being a typical Monday with lots to do and a return to work, I also made a new pesto recipe that I am very excited about. (Side note: If you are part of the Recipe Club please stop reading right now because if you don't then you will ruin this month's recipe exchange...you know who you are!) I have tasted pesto a few times and have always wanted to try making my own version so I did a little research and combined a few different recipes that I found. I knew that I wanted to make a lower fat version of pesto so after a bit of taste testing and a few changes, this is what I came up with. In no way am I claiming that this is a traditional pesto but it sure tastes pretty awesome.






Stacy's Pesto Perfection

1 cup fresh basil

1/4 cup raw walnuts

1/4 cup nutritional yeast

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

2 cloves garlic

2/3 cup vegetable stock


Put all of the ingredients in your food processor and chop, grind, pulse and whir until all of the ingredients are combined. Wasn't that easy? Serve over pasta or any other way you like pesto and enjoy. (Side note: The hubby says that pesto tastes best on whole wheat linguine noodles and if you eat it any other way then you are missing out on the deliciousness of the pesto. This is completely his opinion and not based on anything apart from his taste buds.)


This was a fabulous and easy dinner that made a TON of food. We will probably be eating pesto for a couple of days which is fine by me. We ate our pasta with a bunch of steamed broccoli and some great conversation. I think this dinner will be the perfect fuel for our speed work tomorrow morning.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment