April 15, 2009

Remembering to Smile

I have been thinking a lot lately about how much I take my life for granted. The things that I whine and complain about (work, being tired, a long line at Starbucks, etc...) are really not anything worth stressing out about. I am not saying that my life is perfect or that the hubby and I don't stress out and worry about stuff but honestly, I am blessed. I have a wonderful husband, a great family, my health, a good job, great friends, an awesome bike and so much more. When I compare my "issues" to the hardships and sadness that other people face on a daily basis, I really have no reason to complain. I guess I just needed to put it all into perspective. Maybe I am finally learning to not be so self centered and selfish all the time...my Mom would be so proud. Anyway, I said all of that to let you know that as long as I remember to do it, I will be posting a daily thankful list at the end of my daily post. I think it will help me to remember that there are things to smile about and life really is good!

Dinner was an interesting array of food. I was not in any mood to cook last night and my sexy man and I were both starving so we threw together a quick and lazy meal of leftover quinoa, steamed broccoli and egg sandwiches. Now, just to let you know, I absolutely hate eggs, milk, and most cheese. I will not eat them unless they are baked into something or indistinguishable. I am a very good wife though and make my hubby egg sandwiches on a pretty regular basis because he just loves them. Honestly, when I see him eating one, it makes me wish that I did like them because he just looks so happy! Anyway, dinner was quick and easy followed by an easy dessert of a huge golden delicious apple. Yummy!






Part of the reason I didn't feel like cooking last night is because I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen before dinner. I made some beautiful dark chocolate walnut muffins and they were as beautiful as a muffin can be. I wish I had taken a picture of them but if I had then you would probably start drooling on your keyboard which would cause all sorts of computer problems and then you would be cursing me and my beautiful muffins. Trust me, it is much better this way.


My workout this morning was so much fun. When I got to the gym I hopped on the treadmill and did a few quick miles to warm up my legs. Then, my sexy man showed up and we did a great back and bicep workout together. I always have so much fun doing weights with my hubby. He just makes it so much more fun and the big tough guys don't seem quite as intimidating when he is in the weight room with me. After about 45 minutes of weights. I jumped back on the treadmill and did another few miles and then met Mel for some yoga. My favorite teacher was back from vacation this morning and he was ready to give us a great stretch. We did some new variations of warrior that involved quite a bit of balance and although it was challenging, I really enjoyed it. I may try to sneak another workout in this evening because the hubby is going to be home pretty late but I am going to wait and see how I feel after work. Technically, I am still supposed to be taking it easy so I don't want to push myself too hard but sometimes evening workouts are a great way to relieve some work stress. Well, workouts or a dry martini!

That's all I have for now but you know I will be back soon with more random thoughts or excuses regarding the pathetic nature of this blog. See you soon!

Oops...look at that...I already forgot about the thankful list. Here it is...


I am thankful for:
-the great conversation I had with my Mom last night
-Starbucks coffee
-my orchid that refuses to die
-the promise that warm weather is coming
-the romantic card that my sexy man surprised me with

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment