April 29, 2009

Roll It Up and Bake It

Last night for dinner, I made baked hummus wraps that were absolutely delicious. While I was making dinner I wasn't so sure that the wraps were going to taste very good but luckily they turned out even better than I had hoped. The wrap became nice and crispy while the hummus and other fillings stayed warm and gooey. The only complaint that the hubby had was that they were a little bit too hot. My poor sexy man took a huge bite and promptly burnt his tongue. You have now been warned...proceed with caution and take little bites. Ha ha!



The baked wraps couldn't be any easier to make. I simply took a whole wheat flour tortilla (I used the Whole Foods brand because they are cheap and yummy.) and spread a thin layer of hummus down the middle. On top of the hummus, I placed some diced tomatoes, chopped avocado and a tiny sprinkle of cheese. Then I rolled the wrap up and placed it seam side down on a baking sheet. I secured each of the rolls with a toothpick right through the center of the wrap and then I baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. We ate our wraps with a huge serving of steamed broccoli and it was a delicious dinner...apart from the burnt tongue!! Obviously, you could add all types of things to this wrap and change it up a bit. I am sure we will be making this again with a few changes because the warm crisp wrap made a wonderful and easy dinner.



I know that I am always talking about how easy my dinner recipes are but that is very important to me. The hubby and I both work long hours and at the end of the day we don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. I want to eat healthy and creative foods but I don't want it to ever become another chore. We tend to eat very simple, fresh food and it works for us. I do like to get creative on the weekends or if I have extra time during the week but overall I find it is best to keep it simple. Do you have a favorite simple weeknight meal? I would love to hear some new ideas.


See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment