April 23, 2009

So Much To Say

I have a million things to talk about because it has been a busy couple of days. I was treated to all sorts of surprises yesterday and it really made my Tuesday extra special. I love surprises!

One of the first surprises was a beautiful vase of flowers from my boss. They totally brightened up my entire desk and made work much easier to handle.


Then, my sexy man surprised me with a very romantic card and a book that I have been wanting to read. I am mildly obsessed with The Real Housewives of New York City and think Bethenny Frankle is absolutely hilarious. Her new book just came out and I have been wanting to read it. My wonderful hubby is just so sweet. I love that man! I am very excited to start the book but first I have to finish my book club book. I am so far behind on our book this month and I need to get reading. Oops!


A friend of mine also surprised me with a little gift that I thought was pretty unique. It is called The Wonder Vase and from what I can tell it is a vase that you shape into your own design. It is reusable and you can change the shape of the vase to fix the type of bouquet that you have. I am very excited to try it out and I will definitely let you know how it turns out. I just need someone to buy me some flowers that I can arrange in my new vase. (hint hint)

Another cool thing that I have been meaning to tell you about is my sexy man's new chocolate milk cup. (Disclaimer: Alright, now let me first agree that we know this is sort of childish but it is also really cool and fun to play with.) My H is absolutely obsessed with chocolate milk and drinks it constantly. I have seen him go through a gallon of milk in one day and I am not exaggerating. We have been using the old classic stir the chocolate syrup in the glass method but then we found something totally cool at Sur La Table that forever changed my hubby's chocolate milk drinking ways. We found a cup called the Magic Moo or something silly like that, with a battery powered paddle in the bottom of the cup for mixing. You simply pour your milk, add your chocolate syrup and press the little button and seconds later you have perfectly mixed frothy chocolate milk. It is funny and useful all at the same time. We have used it to froth milk for cappuccinos as well and it worked wonderfully. Seriously, who ever invented this little cup is totally cool in my book.
Last night for dinner we went the lazy (but delicious) route and made a couple of Amy's frozen meals. The hubby had the Country Cheddar Bowl and I had the Baked Ziti Kid's Meal. We were both very happy with our meals because honestly, Amy rocks my frozen food world. Everything I have ever tried from Amy's tastes fresh and almost homemade. The meals are a little bit pricey and we had to make additional veggies to go with our meals but overall, this was a fabulous and easy dinner.



I had a wonderful run this morning with Mel. We ran outside and watched the sun come up while chatting away about all sorts of girly stuff. It was a great way to start the day as usual. Before my run with Mel, I did a few miles of hill training on the treadmill as well. My legs felt strong and ready to conquer the world...or at least a few miles of hills. We did a nice long stretch after our run and then we decided to challenge ourselves and see how long we could stay in a plank position. Well, being the totally awesome girls that we are, we held our planks for 5 whole minutes! It was fun to push ourselves that way but I know my arms are going to be feeling it later.

I had another round of physical therapy this morning and we spent a lot of time readjusting my sacrum, pelvis and spine. It was painful but in a good way. I feel really great right now with absolutely no hip pain which is pretty much a miracle. I have another appointment next week and I am already looking forward to it.

Alright, this has been a crazy long post. Break time!

No comments:

Post a Comment