April 2, 2009

Spinning Through Thursday

Who thought it would be a great idea to take a picture with a big eagle head? At least the eagle is surrounded by a bunch of hot girls! Just thought I would throw that out there...moving on!


I was absolutely determined to make it through my workout this morning without stepping on the treadmill and I am happy to report that I was successful. I wasn't happy about it but I managed to listen to my body and give it the rest it needs. That is a huge deal for me! I had a pretty good workout and started it off with about 45 minutes on the elliptical. I really hate the elliptical but I managed to get my heart rate up and sweat a little bit so I will take it. After I finished on the elliptical I did a pretty decent weight workout. I didn't have a lot of time to do weights, so I cut my recovery time and did a lot of super sets. By the time I finished, my arms and legs were shaky and tired. Then it was time for spin class. I just have to tell you that spin class was great today. We had a nice size group of high energy people, a great instructor and really good music. Billy and Mel were in class with me this morning and we all worked up a good sweat on the sprints and climbs. I finished up my workout with a long stretch which felt so wonderful. I absolutely love stretching. So, even though I couldn't run today, I still managed to get in a decent workout which makes me very happy.

I had so much fun taking a picture of my lunch box yesterday that I did the same thing again today. Here are my eats for the day:

-homemade protein bar
-apple
-trail mix
-carrots and cucumbers
-peanut butter jam frakas bar
-1/2 a mango
-vitamins
-leftover pizza (unpictured)

It should be a great day of eating although I probably should have packed another vegetable. Oh well, I will just make up for it this evening.
I am going to yoga tonight after work and I am super excited about it. My favorite teacher will be there and my sister is planning on joining me. It should be a wonderful way to end a long day. Hang in there guys...the weekend is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment