April 27, 2009

UGH!!! What Happened To The Weekend?


I really can not believe that it is already Monday! The weekend absolutely flew by and for some reason I am very behind at work all of a sudden. I have a million projects stacked up on my desk, emails to answer and a to do list that I am scared to look at. All I really want to do is look out of the office window and daydream. I keep having to remind myself to focus. I have a feeling that I have been hit with a bad case of Spring Fever!

I don't have a lot of stuff to talk about today because I have just been working away and my eating has been very boring. I had a wonderful weekend filled with great workouts but my eating was definitely sub par. I had a tough run on Saturday that left me heat sick and nauseous and I just didn't feel like eating very much the rest of the day. I went to dinner at PF Chang's with my sexy man and his parents but I just picked at a few pieces of broccoli and called it a night.



Sunday was not much better on the eating front but I did have a wonderful time making coffee with my sister in our french presses. We had a little french press party and it was a blast. I think I had too much caffeine though because I had a pounding headache for hours. I did manage to go for a nice long swim so the caffeine must have helped my energy levels. I also found time to go for a long bike ride and a fast run as well. It was a fun but exhausting day.




I did want to issue a little warning to everyone who may need to ice an injury from time to time. A friend of mine has an injured leg and spent some time icing it after her run today. When she took the ice pack off of her leg, she had an ice burn that was crazy looking and quite painful. It is all blistered up and feels like a burn. I did a little google search and apparently this is a mild form of frostbite and can cause nerve damage. Make sure you keep your ice pack on for no more than ten to twenty minutes and always place a towel between your skin and the ice.





I know that this has been a really sorry excuse for a post but I am just having a lot of trouble getting caught up today. If you can just bear with me, I promise to be awesome tomorrow...well at least as close to awesome as I can be! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment