April 28, 2009

Well, It Is About Time

Sheesh! What happened to me? I get a little bit busy at work and the next thing I know, I have turned into a blog slacker. Sorry about that but I am back now and ready to chat. Where should we start?

Oh, this is very exciting! The awesome people over at Dancing Star sent me a few samples of their energy chunks to try and they were absolutely amazing.
My package had four different flavors of their energy chunks and so I split the goods between myself and a couple of "expert taste testers"...I use that term loosely! The four flavors were Lemon Pop, Raw Cacao, Chocolate Almond Chip and Carob Greens Power. I was able to try the Lemon Pop and Raw Cacao and they were both 100% raw and vegan. The best part about them though was that they tasted like little chunks of heaven. Seriously, it was like a little chunk of dessert. My taste testers were both impressed with their flavors as well. The Chocolate Almond Chip was given a thumbs up and the Carob Greens Power was given a rave review. I will let you read it for yourself,
"Ok so I just had my Carob Supergreens chunks of energy and I wanted you to know my take on them. I am sure you will not be surprised to know that I LOVED them. They have a sweet flavor, but more of a fig or fruit type of sweet. The carob is a very subtle aftertaste that adds a nice touch. I like the different textures involved too. There is the smooth carob, chewy fig (or something that reminds me of figs) and then crunchy nuts and seeds. I knew I would love these already because I have tried something like them before but honestly these are better than the chocolate ones that I normally buy. I am not sure if it is the super-greens or the carob but they have a more complex flavor that I really love!"

If that doesn't make you want to try these for yourself then I don't know what will. Honestly, Dancing Star makes a great product. You should definitely check them out at http://www.danstarco.com/. Thanks again for the samples Michael!


Moving on, I don't have a lot to show you on the food front although I did bake a lemon pound cake. It made my entire house smell delicious and it looked pretty too. The hubby and I have both been working long hours and eating boring food. However, I did want to show you how my sexy man opens a jar of honey. Also, take note of his shirt because it is one of my favorites! Ha ha!




I had a great workout this morning that started with some tough speed work. I did 4 x 800 meters and 12 x 400 meters with 400 meter recovery jogs between each set. I also did a warm up mile and a cool down mile. After the run, I did a great lower body weight workout and I can already feel the soreness in my muscles. I have a core workout and a ton of physical therapy exercises to finish this evening but I am actually looking forward to it. I know it will feel good to work some of the kinks out of my muscles.

I had another session of physical therapy this morning and I have to admit that it made me really sore. We did a few adjustments to my back and some trigger point therapy. I feel very bruised and achy but I can tell that I am slowly improving. My hip pain has really decreased and my flexibility is getting better. I am crossing my fingers that I will be given a clean bill of health very soon.

Well, I have about a million banana nut muffins to make so I am out of here. Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Your lemon cake was awesome, your an awesome baker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal! I am so glad you enjoyed the cake!

    ReplyDelete