May 5, 2009

Avocado Pasta


I am totally stealing this recipe from my amazing sister but I think she would be okay with me sharing it. Mel is an amazing cook and makes a mean chocolate chip cookie. I always like to hear about her new recipes because they are adventurous and usually feature ingredients that I don't typically use. Also, I love when she tries something new because she usually brings me a sample. I am all about samples! Anyway, this is how the pasta went down:

Avocado Pasta
8 oz. linguine (cooked according to pkg. instructions)
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 ripe avocado (plus more for garnish)
2 tsp. sherry or red wine vinegar
1 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta and drain. Place the rest of the ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth. I made mine about the consistency of a pesto sauce but you can make it as smooth or chunky as you would like. Mix the sauce with the warm pasta, garnish with additional avocado and serve.
This recipe is very satisfying because of all of the healthy fats it contains. The hubby and I ate ours with a mixture of steamed vegetables and it made a wonderful Monday night meal. We couldn't kiss each other for a little while because it did give us crazy garlic breath but that is something that a little mouthwash could fix. Gargle and then get back to smooching! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Thank you Mel!

No comments:

Post a Comment