May 12, 2009

Drop And Give Me 20!!

Good morning! It has already been such a wonderful and fun filled day! Too bad I have to go to work and ruin the streak! Oh well, maybe something really cool will happen at work today.

So far this morning, I have done a really fun session of speed work, gone to a Boot Camp class with Mel, ate a huge delicious breakfast and got my caffeine fix via Cafe Verona from Starbucks. What more could you want out of a Tuesday morning?

My speed work this morning was short and sweet because I have two races coming up this weekend. The purpose of my speed work this morning was to remind my legs what it feels like to run fast but not wear them out. I did just over six miles with very fast intervals of 200 and 400 meters. My legs feel great and I wanted to do more when the workout was over. I knew that I would feel that way with such a short run so I made plans last week to meet my sister for a Boot Camp class at our gym. I had time to do a quick core workout before the class started and at 6:00, I met up with my fellow boot campers. We went outside for our class and I had a blast running around with everyone. We did all sorts of plyometrics, suicides, push ups, jumping jacks, body bar work and even a few sprints. It was great to be outside as the sun came up and it was especially cool to mix up my workout a little bit. I may try to incorporate this type of workout every four weeks or so just to keep things exciting.

Last night I had a ton of baking to do but I was feeling experimental so I decided to try out a new sandwich recipe that I have been working on. I am trying to create a really great sandwich to enter in the Mezzetta Sandwich Contest.
Unfortunately, the recipe I tried last night is not going to be the one I submit. It was a good sandwich but not a $25,000 prize winning sandwich. I guess I am going to have to go back to the drawing board. I can't tell you what I put on this sandwich because I may end up using parts of it for the contest but I can tell you that there was chicken, a little bit of mozzarella and some other yummy things. We had our sandwiches with a huge portion of brussel sprouts and it made a fabulous dinner!


After dinner, I made a delicious protein shake with freshly picked strawberries, a banana, almond milk and a packet of Jay Robb egg white protein powder. It was just like a delicious strawberry milkshake. The fresh strawberries made all the difference in the world.

I decided to skip physical therapy this week because I need a break from all of the pushing and poking. I am still doing all of my daily exercises and making sure to stretch but I just really felt like my muscles needed a break. I am very curious to see how my body will react without the therapy.

Well, that is all I have for right now but you know I will be back with more very soon. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment