May 29, 2009

Hi - Yah!

Sorry, for the silly title. I am going to watch a karate graduation ceremony tonight and so I have karate on the mind. I am very excited about my plans for the evening because even though I don't know much about karate, I feel like a proud parent. I spent almost five years working as a nanny for a really great family and to this day I feel like they are my kids. When I first started working for this family, they had one little boy who was almost 4. Now they have three kids and the oldest is almost a teenager! Seriously, where does time go!? Anyway, I am very excited to go take pictures, clap, cheer and embarrass the pants off of them! It should be a good time!

I had a wonderful time at yoga last night. Jay did a great job of moving us through the poses and really created some heat in my muscles. We tried a couple of new (to me) poses and experimented with a few binds. It was a great class. My sexy man was able to get out of work early enough to come with me which is always so much fun. I love looking over at him during class because he always makes silly faces or whispers something crazy to me. We had a lot of fun together and then rushed home to make a quick dinner because we were both starving. We were so hungry that we ate before I even thought to pull out the camera. Sorry...I am so bad about remembering to take pictures. I had a tuna sandwich and some steamed vegetables and it was the perfect quick dinner. I tried to stay awake to hang out for a bit with the hubby but I was falling asleep on the couch and so I decided to just head to bed. It has been an absolutely exhausting week and I need all the rest I can get because it is going to be a busy but fun weekend.

In other news, I found out yesterday that I was the first place female winner of the James River Challenge that I competed in two weeks ago. The James River Challenge was a two day racing event that included a very tough 10K trail race on Saturday and a 10K road race on Sunday. Honestly, I was absolutely shocked by the news because I felt like I didn't run very well but apparently I did okay. Don't worry, I won't let this go to my head but for real...FIRST PLACE!! Aaahhhh! Okay, I promise, that is the end of my bragging. Moving on...

On Saturday, I will be participating in The Great Exercise Challenge. (side note: I guess I should point out that I love anything that involves the word challenge. What can I say, I like to be challenged.) The Great Exercise Challenge is a test to see if I can survive all of the classes offered at my gym on a typical Saturday. I will be arriving at the gym as soon as they open and then will participate in every available group exercise class. Mel and Billy are the ones who talked me into trying this out and I am sure we will have a blast. If you don't hear from me by Monday, then you can assume that I died in a horribly tragic step class accident. The schedule for Saturday is:

7:00 - 8:00 - Run Outside With A Group Of Friends
8:00 - 9:00 - Cycle/Muscle Conditioning Class
9:00 - 9:30 - Break Time
9:30 - 11:00 - Boot Camp
11:00 - 12:30 - Power Yoga
12:30 - 1:00 - Break Time
1:00 - 2:00 - Olympic Boxing
2:00 - 4:00 - Lunch Break/Strive Class?
4:00 - 5:00 - Gentle Yoga

It should be a lot of fun. I will definitely give you the full report on how this challenge unfolds. Cross your fingers for me!

Okay, one last thing and then I have to jet! The awesome people over at Greens Plus sent me a wonderful package of goodies this week and I will have a full review of their products posted as soon as I have a chance to sample them all. I did sample one of the energy bars that they sent me and it was absolutely delicious.
I tried the Chocolate Covered Energy Bar and it tasted just like a grassy candy bar. I know that sounds like a weird description but I mean it in the best possible way. The greens part of the bar definitely has a distinct, earthy taste but it is quite delicious. The chocolate coating is fantastic and makes me feel like I am eating something naughty! The best part though is the ingredient list of this energy bar is out of this world amazing! Check this out:

Ingredients: Organic medjool dates, organic almond butter, organic quinoa sprout powder, non-gmo soy protein isolate, original GREENS+® powder (non-gmo soy lecithin, organic Hawaiian spirulina, organic apple fiber, barley grass powder, wheat grass powder, Japanese chlorella, hydroponic soy sprouts, organic brown rice bran, sprouted barley malt, alfalfa grass powder, dairy-free probiotics, royal jelly, Montana bee pollen, acerola berry juice, natural vitamin E, licorice root powder, milk thistle extract, echinacea root extract, Siberian Eleuthero root extract, astragalus root extract, licorice root extract, organic red beet juice, dunaliella salina algae, organic Nova Scotia Dulse, organic ginkgo biloba leaf extract, organic Japanese green tea extract, grape seed and skin extract, organic Swedish bilberry extract), organic rice crisps, wildflower honey, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin E). Chocolate Coating Ingredients: Cocoa butter, barley malt sweetened chocolate, cocoa bean extract.

I am not sure they could fit anything else into one little energy bar. I can tell you already that the hubby and I will be fighting over these bars. For more information about this bar and all of the Green Plus products, you can check out their website at http://greensplus.com/.

Alright, I have a to do list that is growing longer by the second so I better go for now. Have a fabulous day! It's Friday...YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on coming in first! That's awesome! I was actually thinking about running that one but didn't think I would be ready in time. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete