May 6, 2009

Super Peanut Butter Brownies

Well, because I was a slacker and forgot to plan anything for Cinco De Mayo, I rushed home after work to see if I could come up with a special dessert for the evening. When I walked in the door, I was leafing through a stack of unused recipes and I came across my Vega recipe booklet. I started to flip through the booklet and found a recipe for Super Brownies. Now, I am not usually a big brownie person but I was intrigued by these brownies because they had so many healthy ingredients in them and seemed super easy to make. I decided to give the recipe a try but then I realized that I didn't have most of the ingredients. I used the Vega recipe as a base and decided to try and create my own brownies from what I had in the kitchen. This is what I came up with:

Super Peanut Butter Brownies
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup agave
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup soy milk
1/2 cup apple sauce

Mix all of the above ingredients together until combined. Then add:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 pkg. Vega Whole Food health Optimizer
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
Stir everything together until just combined and pour into a lightly oiled 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.

These brownies were so moist and satisfying. They were not overly sweet but definitely taste like dessert. I think they would be great with some ice cream to indulge your sweet tooth! Try them and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment