May 1, 2009

Trying To Catch Up

I feel like I have been playing catch up all week...well, realistically, maybe my whole life. I feel like I am so far behind and everyone is two steps ahead of me. I have a million different projects in the works right now and I don't feel like I am really excelling or giving the proper attention to any of them. I want to be great and to accomplish great things but I am having a hard time finishing the simple things that continue to stare me in the face. I think one of the reasons I push myself so hard in training is because I have actually had some success in that area. I am not the best athlete in the world but I manage to not embarrass myself and even win an award every once in awhile. I have the heart of an athlete and the determination to push myself in both training and across the finish line. Now if I could only apply those same principles in my every day life. The great thing about life though is that each day is a brand new start and so here I am again trying my best to excel.

Moving on...

I went to a great yoga class last night. We did a lot of inversion poses but the best part was that we practiced our handstand pose and were instructed to climb up and down the mirrored walls with our feet. Now, maybe it is just the rebellious little girl in me coming out but I had so much fun putting my footprints all over the mirrors. The whole class was laughing and leaving their own distinctive footprint on the wall. I think we all felt like kids again and it was a great way to shake off the stress from the day. Yoga was great but the laughter did more to soothe my soul than any of the poses. Whoever has to clean the mirrors is definitely going to have their work cut out for them.

I received an awesome treat in the mail last night but you are going to have to wait until sometime next week to find out about it. It was amazing though! Really!

This morning was Coffee Club as usual. I had such a fun time with Mel this morning. We had the best coffee (Starbucks Cafe Verona...my favorite) and some homemade granola bars. The granola bars were a quick recipe that I came up with on the fly last night. I don't even really have a recipe because I was just throwing things in a bowl. Here is what went into the bowl:

1 cup of oats

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup agave nectar

1/4 cup coconut

1/4 cup sliced almonds

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup chocolate chips

I literally just mixed it all up and pressed it into a greased 8x8 pan. Then I baked the bars at 350 degrees until they were golden brown...about 25 minutes or so. I didn't take a picture because I completely forgot but they turned out amazing. I will definitely be making these again soon so I will try to capture them in all of their greatness next time.

This weekend is going to be filled with biking, running and fun. The weather is supposed to be a little bit crazy but I am sort of excited to have some rain. Rainy weekends mean long naps and I could definitely go for a nap right now! I can't wait to see what else the weekend has in store for me. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment