May 13, 2009

Tuna-Riffic!



Just take a look at what was served at the Lane house for dinner. We made huge salads with romaine lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, avocado and pesto crusted tuna steaks. It was absolutely wonderful! Tuna steaks are one of my absolute favorite meals and when paired with salad it is just about perfect. The only thing I can think of to make it better would be freshly baked whole wheat rolls. Mmm! To make the tuna, I placed the tuna steaks in a lightly oiled baking dish and squeezed some fresh lemon juice on top. Then I covered the tuna in red pepper pesto and baked the steaks in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. The tuna turned out perfectly tender and moist. Yummy! I hope I can talk the hubby into having this meal again very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment