June 9, 2009

Boys Are So Competitive...But So Am I!

So, as you can probably tell from the title of this post I had a super fun workout this morning. I woke up extra early and got to the gym to do a quick speed work session. I have a race on Saturday but I wanted to squeeze in a few quick repeats to remind my legs what it feels like to run fast. I did a one mile warm up and then completed 2 x 800 meters, 4 x 400 meters and 4 x 200 meters with 400 meter recovery jogs between each set. I finished the run with a one mile cool down and then spent quite a bit of time stretching. My legs are pretty tired and tight right now. I need to stretch them out and let them rest and recover for the rest of the week. I doubt that it will happen but whatever! After I finished stretching, I did a quick core workout and then went to Boot Camp. Our Boot Camp class was so much fun this morning. We did a crazy mix of stuff including chariot runs, suicides, plyometrics, jumping jacks, push ups, squats, lunges, sprints and all sorts of other stuff. it was such a great class. One thing I have noticed about Boot Camp though is just how competitive all the boys are. They always want to be the first one finished and turn all of our exercises into a race. I would like to tell you that I just ignore all of the competition but to be honest, I absolutely LOVE to take on the boys and make them push themselves a little bit harder. I can out run all of the guys in our class but it is fun to watch them try to beat me simply because I am a girl. Mel and I always have such fun teaming up to make them push themselves! Now, I am not saying that all boys are like this, it is only the few that attend Boot Camp with me but it does make the class go by super fast when everything becomes a race to the finish. All in all, I had a great morning of activity and my body feels like a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. Not too bad! I am planning on doing yoga this evening and I HAVE to do my physical therapy exercises. I have been slacking on them a little bit and I can feel my hips starting to tighten up again. I definitely do not want to deal with tight, painful hips again so I need to do a little bit of preventative care. I hope all of you had a great start to your morning! I think this is going to be a wonderful day! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment