June 4, 2009

Geez Louise!!


Isn't that picture great? Seriously, this is exactly how I feel! Man! Things definitely are crazy in my world today. I am so far behind on everything and trying my absolute best to catch up. Do you ever have days like that. Sheesh! I cannot wait for the weekend!


At least I can say that I started my day off right. I had a wonderful workout this morning. I started with a 3 1/2 mile tempo run to warm up my legs and then went to the weight room to continue my quest to be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger. Just kidding about the Arnold part! Eww! Anyway, I did a quick upper body workout that included a few too many pull ups and then I met Mel for a run. We ran 6 miles at a tempo pace and it was awesome. It was about 70 degrees and humid outside but after about 3 miles, it started to sprinkle. The rain felt absolutely wonderful and really helped us to cool off a bit. We made it back to the gym hot, sweaty, soaking wet and proud. I finished up my workout with a nice long stretch and a few of my physical therapy exercises. I have a yoga class to go to this evening and I am really looking forward to it. My legs are starting to feel a little bit tight and I know that the yoga will make me feel much better.


I am so glad that I was able to fit in such a great workout this morning because honestly, the rest of the day has just been crazy! I have been grabbing things to snack on throughout the day but haven't really had time to sit down and eat much. I will have to make up for it tonight with a nice relaxing dinner.


I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow will be much better and a little less stressful. I have a great recipe to share with you guys so hopefully I can get that up soon. Hang in there guys, the weekend is in sight!

4 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at how much you can run in one day...9 1/2 miles! I'm so jealous. How do you walk the rest of the day? My legs are always sore no matter how much I stretch and I only run about 4 miles or so. Any tips? I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is probably not a good idea to get me started on the topic of running because I could literally talk about it all day long. I have been running for a little more than eight years now and have gradually built both my speed and endurance. When I started running, it was a miracle to for me to finish even half of a mile without stopping. I simply kept at it and tried to go a little bit farther every week. A couple of years ago, I started to work with an amazing running coach who REALLY challenged me. He would assign crazy workouts like 22 mile runs on a Tuesday morning before work or 16 mile repeats with a four mile cool down. I honestly did not believe that I was capable of finishing workouts like this but knowing that he believed in me enough to give me such tough workouts made them seem possible. The biggest tip I can give you is to keep at it and gradually push yourself a bit farther. Believe in yourself and in your ability to do what you used to think was impossible. Most of all though, enjoy your run and appreciate what your body is capable of because four miles is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I increased my mileage today to five miles and it felt amazing! I was so happy and proud of myself. It changed my mood for the entire day (I woke up kinda grumpy). I'm going to increase it bit by bit and just go by how my body feels. I really appreciate your advice and encouragement. You're definately an inspiration to me as I'm also in what I consider to be lifelong eating disorder recovery. Reading your blog has made me feel less alone in it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Melissa! Five miles is quite the accomplishment! I am super proud of you!! In regard to eating disorders, they definitely require a lifetime of recovery. Hang in there! If you ever need to "chat" you can email me at stacybutler@juno.com.

    ReplyDelete