June 26, 2009

Healthy Junk Food #3

In my continual quest to make all of H's favorite junk food just a little bit healthier, I created my third recipe for the Healthy Junk Food series. The first two (Corn Dogs and Fried Okra) are still in our menu rotation and requested by H all the time. What can I say? The man loves junk food! The third recipe is for something I grew up eating as a kid....Beanie Weanies! Oh come on now! You know you ate them and loved them. (Embarrassing side note: I can actually still sing the Beanie Weanie song to this day!) I had a ton of Tofu Pups in my freezer that needed to be used up and I have been wanting to make baked beans for weeks now so this recipe seemed to be an obvious combination. I am warning you in advance that this meal screams white trash but it was super tasty!


Boo Yah Beanie Weanie Bake
1 15 oz. can canellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 c. bbq sauce
2 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. agave or molasses
1/4 c. chopped onion
6 sliced Tofu Pups
pepper, garlic and chili powder to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Mix well. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and delicious looking. Serve and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. ur the Best cook in the world, dinner date?

    ReplyDelete