June 17, 2009

Ho Hum!

I sort of feel blah this morning. I think it is the rainy day that is making me feel drowsy and lethargic. Oh well, I guess I will just pour myself another cup of coffee and press on.

Last night was another quick and easy dinner. I put a couple of Sunshine Burgers on the old George Foreman grill and steamed some veggies.


We ate our burgers on Ezekiel english muffins and called it a night. If you have never had a veggie burger on an english muffin, I highly recommend you try it. I absolutely love that combination. It is so much better than a hamburger bun.



I did make a huge batch of Dark Chocolate Walnut muffins last night and they made my entire house smell like the Hershey factory. Oh man, it was like chocolate heaven! Of course I don't have any pictures of the muffins because they are top secret. Well, okay, not really, I just forgot to pull out my camera! They looked like chocolate muffins though...really, yummy, moist and decadent chocolate muffins.

My workout this morning was okay but nothing spectacular. I did a nice easy five mile run, a short core workout and then went to yoga class. I feel pretty good overall and my hip is doing awesome. I am supposed to do a bike workout this evening but they are calling for thunderstorms. I am hoping that the weather guy is wrong because I would love to get out on my bike for a little bit. I may try to make it to a spin class if the weather is crappy or I may take a nap and let my muscles rest and repair. I guess we will see how I feel after work.

Hmmm...let's see? What else is going on in my world? I am trying to figure out what to get my Dad for Father's Day. My Dad and I are not very close at all which makes it tough to find something appropriate for Father's Day. I love my Dad very much but we just don't really have a typical father/daughter relationship...it is sort of complicated. Honestly, most of my family relationships are pretty complicated and dysfunctional but what do you do? I have finally figured out that although I may never be super close to my family, they all hold a special place in my heart. Anyway, back to the whole Father's Day thing, I am thinking of going the gift card route which seems boring but at least that way my Dad can find something he would like. Any suggestions? I am definitely open to any and all ideas...well, within reason anyway. I am on a budget here people!

I found this super cool quote and it has been inspiring me over the last couple of days so rather than leave you with some clever goodbye, I am just going to let you soak these words into your heart. Have a wonderful day!

"The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back. Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark."- Barbara Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment