June 5, 2009

Lazy Lasagna

This recipe is one of my favorites because it captures all of the yumminess of lasagna without the tedious layering.



Here are my step by step instructions for making this great dish!

Make two servings of your choice of pasta according to the directions on the package. I used the whole wheat fusilli pasta from Whole Foods which was very good. Plus, I had a coupon which makes it even better!


Next, place one 12 oz. container of cottage cheese in a large baking dish.

Press two cloves of fresh garlic into the cottage cheese.

Add about 1 tsp. of Italian Seasoning and one package of frozen spinach that has been thawed and drained. Make sure you squeeze the excess water out of the spinach before placing it in the dish. Than mix until well combined.

Add the cooked and drained pasta to the baking dish.

Mix well! (Please excuse my almost rotten bananas in the top of this picture. I am trying to save them for some banana bread but they look gross!)

Add one jar of pasta sauce of your choice. I used the Whole Foods Marinara Sauce with mushrooms and it was delicious. I suppose you could make your own sauce but that would sort of defeat the purpose of making a LAZY lasagna!

Mix the sauce into the dish and then sprinkle about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.

Bake the Lazy Lasagna for about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until it looks something like this.

Serve and enjoy!



Lazy Lasagna is super simple to make for dinner on a weeknight and there are usually tons of leftovers which is a great thing in my house! You can add a plethora of veggies to this dish, change the type of noodles or even use different varieties of cheese to make this dish your own. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I'm always on the lookout for simple but yummy recipes like that. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time! Let me know what you think of the recipe once you try it.

    ReplyDelete