June 16, 2009

Now Back To Regular Blogging

I feel like I have been posting the craziest blogs lately and neglecting the usual blog subjects like food and workouts and such. There are just so many fun things going on and I get side tracked very easily. On the food front, I should probably explain that I have been SUPER boring with food lately. There have been no exciting meals at the Lane house. To prove my point, here is a picture of dinner last night.


It is simply Rising Moon White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese and some steamed brussel sprouts. I did put some bbq sauce on my mac and cheese to spice things up a bit but that was the extent of my culinary escapades. I don't really have an explanation for why I am so lethargic about food right now. I haven't had an appetite for a couple of weeks now and although I am still making sure I eat enough calories each day, I just haven't been excited to have anything food related. I am hoping that as soon as this headache goes away, I will be hungry again. I guess we will just have to wait and see.


The Great Greens Plus Experiment is going very well. I still have a good supply of the Wild Berry Burst Greens Powder. H and I have become very fancy with our greens drink lately.
We will only drink it from the finest crystal. I think it makes it taste better! Honestly though, this stuff is growing on me.

I am really starting to enjoy the taste which is something I NEVER thought would happen.





I found a really great picture of Mel and I from our race this weekend. Don't we look totally hardcore with our temporary tattoos?! This picture was taken right after the race and we were both thrilled to be finished! The XDuro 21K was such a fun race. I can't wait to run it again next year!


My workouts have been going great this week. I did skip out on a swim last night because it is absolute torture to swim with a headache. I decided to actually listen to my body for once and give it some rest. I really needed the rest and I am feeling much better today as a result. I did a short speed work session this morning that included 6 x 800 meters and 6 X 400 meters. I also did a couple miles of a warm up and a cool down. I ran in my new Nimbus 11's for the first time this morning and they felt great. I didn't have any problems with blisters or foot pain. I think these shoes and I are going to be great running partners! After my speed work, I did a pretty strong leg work out, core work, push ups and a nice long stretch. I am hoping to do the Yoga for Athletes video this evening and also spend some time on the foam roller. My legs have been feeling great and I am trying to do everything I can to keep it that way!


Alright, that's all I have for now. Be back later!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try the Great Greens. My sample should be coming soon :)
    Have you tried the website yogadownload.com? They have tons of free workouts that you can download for free. You can put it right on your ipod and do yoga anytime. I love it.
    Oh, I have an almond butter update for you! I bought it this weekend and LOVE IT. You'll have to pry this stuff out of my cold, dead hands. I may have to enter a 12-step program. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried yogadownload.com and it is awesome. Technology is really great sometimes isn't it? Polly over at Yoga Is Yummy also has quite a few free yoga videos avaialble. If you haven't done so already, you should definitely check those out.
    I am so glad you enjoyed the almond butter. It really is just the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete