June 30, 2009

Time To Catch Up

I am not sure where the days go but somehow I have found myself running around like a crazy woman. It has been really tough trying to fit everything in but I am having a great summer so I guess that is what matters. I just love summer! Here is a quick recap of what I have been up to:

I have been cleaning bikes and changing tires!









I have been toasting summer time with great friends and good food!



I have been baking my little heart out!



I have been racing!



I have been creating new recipes!



I have been daydreaming about vacations!


I have been eating great smoothies!




Now for a quick recap of what I have not been doing:
Blogging!

Hmm...that's about all! Ha ha!
I guess I better get on that!

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see you enjoying summer and life in general. Some of the sites I visit, it seems like all the bloggers do is focus on their meals for the day and nothing else. It's nice to see someone that balances their real life and blog life. Here's a random question, do you drink alcohol and if so, what is your favorite cocktail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meliss! Honestly, your comment means so much to me because I try really hard to have a balanced life. I love food but honestly, it is only a small portion of my life. I am passionate about so many things and I want this blog to reflect that!
    In regard to alcohol, I do not drink for personal reasons. I have no problem with people drinking alcohol but my husband and I have chosen to not make it a part of our lives. With that being said, when I did drink I loved cosmopolitans. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a drinker myself either. I can drink probably two drinks at the most. I know many athletes who drink all weekend and still maintain their shape and it doesn't seem to effect their performance. I was going to ask what your thoughts on this were.
    I've never had a cosmo...I hear they're big in citys where people have sex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, I hear the same thing about sexy cities but honestly how can you go wrong with vodka and grapefruit juice? I mean, it is just a winning combination! : )
    I am not really sure what to tell you in regard to athletes who drink and yet still perform well. I know that there are many people in my area who finish a bike ride by tailgating with a cooler of beer. I honestly do not know how they do it because honestly, the only thing I want after a tough workout is water and maybe a banana. For the record, I do not avoid alcohol strictly for health reasons but I do believe that by avoiding alcohol I am making it easier on my body to train well. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete