July 9, 2009

Biking My Way Through The Day


I had a great time riding my bike last night after work. I was a little bit late getting out of work but I managed to rush home and get in a quick 15 miles before H got home. it was such a beautiful evening and I probably could have stayed out there for another hour. The weather has been awesome in Richmond this week. The humidity is super low and the temperature is a perfect 85ish. I love it! After a quick shower, I made a huge batch of Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins and then whipped together a quick dinner. On the menu tonight we had soft tacos with brussel sprouts and kale. It was such a delicious dinner!








I used a combination of TVP and black beans for the taco mix and also sauteed a mixture of green peppers, red onion and garlic. I added a little tiny bit of tomato paste to help everything stick together and then we simply wrapped it all up in a whole wheat tortilla with fresh spinach, tomatoes, salsa and a little bit of monterey jack cheese. I am already looking forward to my leftovers. H brought home a huge bag of green grapes and we snacked on those for dessert. They were absolutely delicious. I love grapes and have a little minor obsession with them...it is minor though so I don't think I need to seek professional help...yet!

Let's see, what else should I tell you guys? I had an awesome workout this morning. I did an 8 mile hill run that was super fun and very challenging. I ran hill intervals for about 20 minutes and I really pushed myself to the limit. At the end of each interval my legs felt like jelly and my lungs felt like they were going to burst. I love that feeling! After my run, I did a pretty mean weight workout. I normally try to focus on one or two body parts but I haven't been able to fit a lot of weights into my schedule this week so I did a quick full body workout. The leg stuff was hard after my run but I feel really good. I finished up my workout with about 20 minutes of stretching, rolling and physical therapy crap. I always get so bored during this part of the workout but my legs are feeling great now so I really shouldn't complain about doing it. I am going to yoga tonight after work and I am really looking forward to stretching and working some of the kinks out of my body. I really hope we don't focus on headstands or something crazy like that because I really just need a regular easy flowing yoga class. I guess we will see what happens.

Does anyone know anything about orchids? I have one sitting on my desk at work and I have been trying to get it to bloom for over a year now. It is growing but I still haven't seen a bloom. Plants are totally not my thing but I have put some time into this one and I am determined to make this little sucker give me a flower or two. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Off to work I go! Have a wonderful day guys and don't forget to smile...it makes your face feel better! Later!

3 comments:

  1. Plants aren't my thing either. I guess it's okay if it's still alive right? Your workouts amaze me. You're truly an inspiration. I'm looking forward to riding my bike this afternoon. The weather has been dreary so far, but you've made me crave a good bike ride! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard orchids are VERY finiky plants. I have one and it works best with only morning sunlight, facing south east (I think...I read this somewhere online so I tried it.), and watering it VERY little. For some reason this seems to work and mine has bloomed straight since November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the orchid advice. By watering very little do you mean less than twice a week? I am so jealous that your orchid is blooming but I am not going to give up on my little orchid.

    ReplyDelete