July 28, 2009

Funny Face!

Last night was a very exciting night at the Lane house. (Please note that the last sentence was dripping in sarcasm.) H and I made it home at a decent time and decided to work on our next entry to the Mezzetta Sandwich contest. We are determined to enter as many sandwiches as possible to better our chances of winning. We got really creative last night and made an awesome sandwich. I think it is a winner but I guess we will have to see what the Mezzetta people think. I obviously cannot post the recipe because then some mean recipe stealer could take my recipe and win the contest but I did take a couple of pictures. Yummy!


We also made some fresh summer squash that came straight out of a friend's garden. We simply steamed it with a little bit of garlic and pepper. Man, I just love fresh summer produce. It is awesome!

While dinner was cooking, H and I played a little game of Funny Face with each other. Yes, I know this makes us look like we are twelve years old but it was really funny and we were both dying of laughter. I mean, give me a break here, the Tour is over and summer TV sucks so we have to think of something to entertain ourselves! By the way, I think H won because his face is much funnier looking than mine! Ha ha! (Totally just kidding H! Your face is super sexy!)


Today has been another super busy day but whatever. I am starting to accept the fact that I am never going to catch up on everything. My workout this morning was tough but good. For some reason my legs were just not happy this morning. I managed to get 14 miles of speed work in but I had to cut out the last few intervals because my hip really started to feel tight. Overall though I was pleased with both my pace and distance. After my run I did a little bit of core work, a bunch of push ups and some serious stretching. I am thinking about going for a swim after work because I think it will help my legs to feel better. Hopefully, I can get out of work at a decent time and make the swim happen.
Can you believe that it is almost August already? I cannot believe how quickly the summer is flying by. I still have quite a few things that I want to do this summer so this season better slow itself down! I still need a vacation!
Have a wonderful day guys!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I gave you a blog award!
    And that sandwich looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! I am not really sure what a blog award is but I feel honored! : )

    ReplyDelete