July 22, 2009

Humpday Already?

I just realized that it is Wednesday and that is awesome because it means we are one day closer to the weekend! Yay! I just love hump day! Anyway, I have quite a few fun things to talk about today. I bet you are just wiggling in anticipation aren't you?! That;s alright, I don't blame you. This stuff is riveting!

I talk about my amazing sister Mel all the time because well, she is just awesome. I mean, how can you not love a face like this?



Well, a couple of weeks ago, Mel gave me a recipe to try that she found online. ( Side note: Mel cannot remember where she found this recipe so if this is your recipe then rock on! You have a winner on your hands!) The recipe was for something called Quick Chicks which can basically be translated to chickpeas on hyper drive! This is a super easy recipe but the flavor combinations make it out of this world. As an added bonus, this recipe is relatively inexpensive and makes a ton of food. I am all about that! So without further adieu, here is Mel's stolen recipe.

Quick Chicks
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 chopped onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp. curry powder
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
2 cups fresh spinach
1 chopped avocado


Saute the onion, garlic and curry powder in the olive oil until tender.



Add the peppers, chickpeas, tomatoes and pineapple and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes on medium heat.



Add the spinach and cook for an additional five minutes.



Remove from heat and serve. Top the chick peas with the chopped avocado and enjoy.



H and I really enjoyed this dinner. We ate our Quick Chicks with whole wheat tortillas and it was a perfect weeknight meal. You should definitely try this one.


On the workout front, I have had an excellent week of workouts. I am most proud of my 15 miles of speed work yesterday but I have also done a couple of great bike rides, some nice easy running, a little bit of yoga, tons of core work and quite a bit of weights. I have been slacking on my swimming but hopefully I will be able to find some time to squeeze in an extra swim or two this week.

Other than that, this week has just been work, work, work. I am not sure how I got so far behind but I am working hard to get all of this crap off of my desk. At least all of the overtime will make my payday a little bit sweeter.

Have a great one bloggies!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Ok, so I live in the Richmond area as well, and I was wondering what your opinion of the best bike shop to find a new tri/road bike would be.. I've been going to Performance, but their service is crap.
    Anyways, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! In regard to bike shops, I honestly believe that Three Sports is the best bike shop in the world. H and I both bought our bikes from them and they have been absolutely amazing. Ben and all of his guys at Three Sports have the absolute best customer service. Honestly, their bikes are expensive but I believe they are well worth every penny. If you have any other questions please let me know because I could talk bikes all day long.

    ReplyDelete