July 27, 2009

I'm Feeling Just Peachy!

What a fabulous but fast weekend that was! I had so much fun but I literally feel like the days just flew by. I am super excited that there are only five more days until the next weekend! ha ha! Is it too early to be starting my countdown?

Saturday
I woke up super early and had a quick breakfast of an english muffin with peanut butter and an apple plus tons and tons of coffee. As soon as breakfast was finished, H and I jumped on our bikes and went out for a great ride. It was a beautiful (read HOT) morning and we had a blast. We did just over thirty miles in about 90 minutes and then rushed home to run. After a quick change out of our bike shorts, we were off and did a short but fast run that included a few quick intervals. We did a quick shower and change and then hopped in the car to help my in-laws at their event. I know I have mentioned this before but in case you forgot, my in-laws have a food trailer that they take to certain events as a side business. They sell all sorts of carnival types of food including blooming onions, cotton candy, snow cones, french fries and much more. Occasionally, H and I will help them out to make a little bit of extra money. Anyway, this weekend was one of the events that we had agreed to help them out with so we spent all day serving up a vast array of fried food. It was nice to spend some time with my in-laws but by the end of the day I was exhausted and ready for a shower. H and I made it home around 8:00 and after a quick shower and some dinner, we both fell into bed exhausted. I am really sorry that I don't have any pictures from the event but I completely forgot to bring my camera. I really do suck at this whole blog thing!

Sunday
We woke up bright and early on Sunday morning because we had a day full of fun planned. H and I met up with the Matheny's and went for a nice, hot long run. We all did varying distances and paces but we had a great time chatting, making stupid jokes and complaining about how hot it was.I used a couple of my favorite products on my run today.


I love the Carb Boom gels about as much as someone could possibly like gel. I really hate the consistency but the flavor is spot on and my stomach can handle them. Mel and I split this gel at about mile 10 and I felt great through the next five miles. In additiont to the gel, I have become absolutely addicted to the Nuun hydration tablets. They are awesome and the flavors are not overbearing. I used one and a half of the Tri Berry tablets and felt great when my run was over. I forced Mel and Billy to both use one of the tablets as well and I think they liked them. After the run, we jumped in the pool to cool off a bit and the water felt so good. My legs were loving the cool water! After a few laps and some goofing around in the hot tub, (Mel, I am talking about you!) we all got cleaned up and went to grab a quick lunch at Whole Food's. I had a great salad with a mixture of all sorts of stuff from the hot bar. It totally hit the spot. As soon as our bellies were full, we made the drive up to Carter's Mountain Orchard in Charlottesville to pick peaches. I absolutely love Charlottesville and always have a blast at the orchard. We found a ton of great peaches and nectarines and I ate quite a few straight from the tree. The peaches were so delicious and juicy! After we finished wandering around the orchard, we stopped in the market to pick up a few other items and took some time to have a quick photo shoot and play some checkers.



After an afternoon of fun, we made our way back to Richmond. As soon as I walked in the door, I took a shower to wash the orchard dirt off of me and then took a wonderful afternoon nap. It was such a wonderful way to end my afternoon. H had to work on Sunday evening, so I did a few chores around the house and got some baking done. I made a batch of peanut butter cookies, banana nut muffins and some chocolate chia protein bars. All in all, it was a wonderful Sunday and I had a lot of fun.

Now here we are at Monday and I am back to playing catch up at work. I am just going to try to hang on for the next few days and daydream about next weekend. I did manage to find time to watch the end of the Tour de France which was sort of bittersweet. I was super happy that team Astana managed to get two podium spots but I really wanted to see Lance win. I am already excited about next year's tour because I think a great rivalry has started between Contador and Armstrong. It should be very exciting! I better get to work but I have all sorts of other fun stuff to talk about so hopefully I will have time to post a nice lengthly blog soon. See you guys soon!

2 comments:

  1. peach picking?? how fun! i've seen those nuun's but haven't tried them... do you just eat a tablet or dissolve it in water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ttfn300: The nuun tablets are like alka seltzer tablets that dissolve in your water bottle. They are awesome and taste great. My husband actually ate one of the tablets because he failed to read the directions on the bottle and from his reaction I don't think you would want to try that! : )

    ReplyDelete