July 8, 2009

MIA

My camera is officially MIA so this post is going to be picture less unless I can find a few good ones stored in my computer. Oh the trials of blogging! Ha ha!

Last night H and I had to attend a cocktail party for work. I always love to go out with H because he is just so handsome when he is all dressed up and has a way of making people feel comfortable around him. I am a bit of a social retard and so it is nice to have him around to help me navigate sticky social situations. I have always been shy and very quiet in new situations. I tend to feel self conscious when I meet new people and so I try to stay in my comfort zone. Unfortunately, I tend to come off sort of snobby and standoffish which is really not the way I am at all. I have been working on stepping out a bit more in social situations and H has really helped me out with this. Anyway, the party was fun and I was able to talk to quite a few people about running and triathlons. I am always happy to have a conversation about something I love. I think I may have talked a couple of guys into running a half marathon which is awesome. H of course loved the party because they had huge platters of scallops, crab cakes and chicken skewers. He was in absolute heaven and I believe he probably ate his weight in scallops. We made it home just before 8:00 and I fixed a quick dinner. We had the most wonderful casserole from a recipe I found at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen for Southwest Spaghetti Squash Casserole. I have made this recipe quite a few times and I absolutely love it. Go check it out because it is such a great twist on spaghetti squash. After dinner, H and I did some reading, drank a protein shake and went to bed.

When the alarm went off this morning I couldn't believe that it was already time to get up. I wanted so badly to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep. I managed to make it to the gym and hopped on the treadmill to do an easy 30 minute shake out run. After a nice easy four miles, I did some core work and then went to my favorite yoga class. Yoga was tough this morning because my legs were just not feeling flexible today. I have to do a 60 - 90 minute bike workout tonight and I am hoping that will help my legs to loosen up a bit. I have been slacking a bit on my physical therapy exercises and I am starting to feel the affects of it. I don't want to end up injured again so I really need to get on top of that.

With my training plan kicking it up a notch I have noticed that my appetite is increasing as well. I definitely expected this but I am trying to be smart about what I put in my body and how I fuel. Here is a rundown of yesterday's eats:

3:30 am: 1/2 a Luna bar and water

6:30 am: 20 oz. Ultima

8:00 am: Breakfast cookie and fruit salad with coffee

11:00 am: Cucumber and tomato salad

1:00 pm: Veggie burger (no bun), steamed veggies and an apple

3:00 pm: 1/4 cup dry roasted edamame and half a cup of coffee

5:30 pm: Apple with peanut butter

8:00ish pm: Santa Fe Spaghetti Squash Casserole

9:30: Chocolate protein shake with walnuts and carob chips

I wish that I had pictures of all of my food because it was definitely a great eating day. Hopefully my camera will start to cooperate with my blogging ideas.

I better get to work. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment